- One in five businesses say they are likely to make redundancies.
- Borrowing stood at £17.9 billion in June 2021.
- One in five remain unsure about their debt repayments.
- HMRC demanded bills over historic contractor assessment errors.
- The proportion of retail sales fell in the same period.
- The ICAEW criticised the way the AQR is managed.
- Business confidence in the sector remains low, however.
- Borrowing in June 2021 was the second highest on record.
- Official forecasts for average wage growth look good for retirees.
- Changes ahead of a comprehensive report due in autumn.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Keep up to date on what we’re doing, by joining our Newsletter.
What can we do for your business today?
Whether you need hands-on help with payroll and bookkeeping, or want strategic business advice based on hard numbers and analysis, FMA is the accountancy firm for you.